Thursday, January 05, 2012

Eggs, Exercise, Egalitarianism

After reading an article on the joys of eating eggs, I decided to revisit this age old food, a food that seems natural and abundant, and sure enough it has been a great experience. I love starting my day with a couple of scrambled eggs cooked in butter with a dash of salt, garlic, vinegar, and just a tad of honey. It may sound a little eclectic to readers, but before being critical, give it a try. Make sure to whisk everything together for the right consistency. Good stuff for sure. A nice blend of slightly harsh flavor with hints of sweet. The eggs always taste ideal in the morning, and I enjoy sitting in my chair, contemplating life, and slowly eating delicious eggs for breakfast. Top it off with a little orange juice or blueberry Naked juice and the day begins perfectly.

Thankfully my feet are doing better. The bone spur is still a problem but with my new orthotics, I do not land as solidly on the hurt portion of the heel. This allows me to get back to running and exercising without undue pain in my feet. I am wisely going slowly as I get back to form and will aim for 3 miles a day rather than 5. In London there is a park across from our residence where I can run safely on an even surface, and will do so in spite of the cold, wet weather. I do appreciate the foot doctor in Abilene for helping me get back on my feet so to speak, which allows me to return to the lifestyle of running that I enjoy. Exercise is like a happy pill in some ways as those endorphins affect everything in the body especially the mind and the emotions. For anyone experiencing depression or stress, I highly recommend a little exercise. Good stuff for sure (did I just say that about eggs also?).

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series of books and movies are wrought full of purpose, philosophy, and shimmering energy. A bit liberal for me in general, the books are breath-taking examples of great stories shining with new ways to look at life and new emotional mountains to climb. Recognizing the differences between males and females but embracing an egalitarian world-view, it is refreshing to read books that point out both the frailties and the potential strength of all kinds of people. Too often fiction seems to be male dominant or female dominant rather than individually focused. These great books remind us of the need for totality in our egalitarianism. Women deserve the same regard and respect that we give everyone. The days of objectifying women (or men) and elevating men (or women) to higher levels than warranted are gone and all of us need to embrace a world-view of egalitarianism. Good stuff for sure (sorry, I just couldn't resist!).

Been a great day of eggs, exercise, and equality. Time to practice what I preach.

No comments: