Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gold in the Cloud

There are timeless moments stretched into timeless years where the need to lift ourselves beyond reality is both necessary and beneficial for mental and emotional health. Nature's first green may be gold and it may indeed be a hard hue to hold, (forgive me Robert Frost), yet I choose to keep the gold at least every now and then!

Sometimes I seek the peaceful tranquility found on a fantasy cloud. A cumulous, soft cloud where all is quiet without distractions, without stress, without pressures, without expectations, and without direction. A habitue of comfort and total relaxation. As I reside completely in the cloud, I slowly but surely remove all of the robustious events that surround me, and I choose to find solace in the environment and peace in the inglenook of the gift I have been given. The gift of the cloud.

So I lift myself off the land and take temporary flight to the companionship of the cloud where all is right and all is good and all is timeless and existence is simple. Unlike Plato's cave where the reality can be found in the shadows, my cloud is a reality in and of itself. My journey is not so much an escape but is a choice to see the world with a new vision and seek after gold without value and silver without color. So that precious metals are precious not for their monetary purpose but for their intrinsic worth. Metals are people and people have intrinsic worth.

The intrinsic cloud that envelopes me is one of optimism, beauty, joy, faith, and hope and living within it provides a recharging of the system that states though "nothing gold can stay," all can be seen as gold. So I live my life in the cloud, in the atmospheric phenomenon of golden haze that tints all reality. I love my cloud and I love my space trip though brief it may be. I spend a timeless eternity in my cloud that in real time may be but a milisecond but in joy time is forever.

I return to the world of reality a better person with a renewed sense of all that is good in the world. I see the gold around me and the expectations for me that can only be realized with the Master's Hand guiding my footsteps. My space trip was beneficial, temporary, pleasant, and spiritual. I come back an improved person.

And as I look upon the world in which I live, I realize my journey was not about me but instead was about everyone else. For all people I see are now gold and gold they will stay. Thanks RC for being gold and thanks for material.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is superbly symbolic and well written. My cloud is when I read a good book or listen to certain music. Then oops, back to reality, and the need to repeat the cloud experience. Maybe the cloud wouldn't be necessary without reality.