Saturday, October 14, 2006

Pedestal Prison

Around and around I was swirling with no beginning and no ending, with a noisy but hopeless energy that grew into desperation and mental anguish, an effort-filled purpose to escape but with the knowledge that freedom was not within the realm of possibility in any kind of sense. I was in a nightmare that had an incongruity in its tone and a polarization in its theme. A person I was not; but neither was I an animal or even an object in the typical sense of the word. Rather, I was an entity with human feelings and emotions but without any physical properties associated with life.

In a somewhat hypnagogic state, it was without any kind of peace or tranquility sometimes associated with repetition and redundancy. It was the same thing over and over without any kind of repose in fear or in results. But regardless of the inevitable events that looped quickly as though change could occur but wouldn't, the recalcitrant attitude remained high and violent. This stubborn refusal to accept the circumstances added to swirling evil that had seeped into the pores of universe as it was seen and defined the parameters set forth in history since inception.

Although difficult to acknowledge, I knew in the recesses of what little mind I had, that I was in a prison. Many people live in a prison of one kind or another--financial prisons, emotional prisons, relationship prisons, career prisons and health prisons--and find it difficult to escape. My prison in my nightmare was permanent without any hope of change. I was born a flexible but locked in object on a pedestal. I was the center of the universe without feet and without mobility other than the rotating ball joint that attached me to the pedestal.

My strange inhuman existence was to rotate quickly on the ball joint that was attached to the pedestal as people and objects scream and hit me. It was a trapped existence full of peril and subject to emotional pain. The rotations increased rapidly until I was spinning out of control and in danger of flying off the pedestal only to land among the enemies. The danger, however, was also mixed with desire for to depart my prison regardless of the ensuing anguish would be preferred over the agony of my reality. But, alas, while my emotions were out of control, I know there was always limits for I was controlled by my attachment to the pedestal that existed below me.

My prison was of my own making. I placed myself permanently on a pedestal in an inhuman state where I was attacked viciously by others in a prison of my own mind. I rotated around and around and accomplished nothing other than to add to my own worthless existence while others hurled insults and objects at me.

But, fortunately, it was just a nightmare. All is well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be afraid to ever fall asleep again.

Anonymous said...

Your somniac quandry is a hypo-existential, paranoidal reflexive action to your anxiety-ridden waking state. It reflects an obsession with the need for self-esteem and lack of control you are experiencing for exposure to hyper-critical elements. On top of that, you drink way too much coffee.
My prescription: You need a vacation where you can develop healthy boundaries in order to reorient your psycho-somal condition. This vaction needs to be without computers, cell phones or caffeine. It's called a spiritual retreat and it would do you a world of good. I know a few good Benedictines who could help you out.

Landry, Renée, and Baby Girl!!! said...

You and your dreams!

In all honesty, your description of what your "prison" was reminded me of the different levels of hell in Dante's "Inferno". Redundancy as a torturous punishment must be a more popular standard than I would have thought!

Landry, Renée, and Baby Girl!!! said...

You disappeared!