Sunday, January 01, 2017

Productivity for 2017

New Years resolutions abound on this day and with it lots of excitement about the future. Time to lose weight, exercise more, repair relationships, manage money better, take a risk, get new tires, paint the house, and the list of goals continues. But for me, I am resolving to be more productive and to drive myself a little harder. This February I start school again with the pursuit of a Doctor of Business Administration. It will take four years to complete and I have no real reason to pursue it other than a desire for greater knowledge in that area.

Connected to productivity, I would really like to compose a short opera, publish an article, and perform a recital, and do more for people. I would also like to form an LLC with someone and pursue a business venture of some kind. Lots of goals for 2017. Of course the usual...lose weight, exercise more, repair relationships, be positive, and spread good cheer. All these and more for 2017. Not being an overly reflective sort, I will say that 2016 was a difficult year. I lost several friends and had some work challenges that gave me pause and sapped my energy.

But never one to look back with regret nor with nostalgia, I will keep pushing forward to greater heights and opportunities. Yes, 2016 was an emotional bear market in many ways but I predict a bull market for me and my family in 2017. Not to be overly stock market oriented, if we look at emotions, challenges, relationships, and changes as a chart, we will see many declines and increases. In the end though, life is not a chart but is about people and about faith. As a person recently told me, we talk about faith but we don't always apply it. Time to apply faith with a strong work ethic.

I look forward to 2017, to learning more, to growing, and mostly to be the person God wants me to be.

How about you? Goals?

No comments: